With VR technology poised to enter the mainstream, I wanted to understand how ITSM data & information could be represented in a 3d structure. I’ve decided to start with the CMDB (configuration management database) as […]
I love Trello. For those unfamiliar, Trello is a SaaS kanban board / taskboard. It’s free (mostly) and is virtually idiot-proof to set up and start using. You don’t have to adopt the kanban methodology […]
In business, data is always an asset. Information is an essential. Knowledge and wisdom are the key outputs of both. As a business grows, it should harvest good quality data and information that form shared […]
DevOps. The next saviour of the world. A combination of agile delivery and super-effective provisioning scripts with a sprinkling of software-defined (virtual) infrastructure. Whilst ITIL v3 and 2011 seem (on the surface at least) to […]
Most change requests get raised, authorised and implemented.
When I’ve had occasion to post-mortem a failed change for a new client, I’d usually expect to hear one of the following phrases:
- I didn’t know what I was supposed to be doing
- It shouldn’t have broken that, it was supposed to be totally unrelated…
- How was I to know the backups were running at the same time?
- Wait….I thought John was doing that reboot?
- We only overran because we had to back it out…
…all of which are avoidable.