I love Trello. For those unfamiliar, Trello is a SaaS kanban board / taskboard. It’s free (mostly) and is virtually idiot-proof to set up and start using. You don’t have to adopt the kanban methodology […]
Most change requests get raised, authorised and implemented.
When I’ve had occasion to post-mortem a failed change for a new client, I’d usually expect to hear one of the following phrases:
- I didn’t know what I was supposed to be doing
- It shouldn’t have broken that, it was supposed to be totally unrelated…
- How was I to know the backups were running at the same time?
- Wait….I thought John was doing that reboot?
- We only overran because we had to back it out…
…all of which are avoidable.